In response to an inquiry by VSD Magazine about future trends, FastVision CEO Dr. Joseph Sgro responded to the following questions:
Question: What emerging applications will generate volume for OEM suppliers?
1. Much larger affordable sensors will reduce the visible defect sizes.
2. Real-time face recognition.
3. Threat tracking in security applications.
Question: How machine vision hardware suppliers are making it easier to interface their products to automated systems?
1. Continue to leverage networking technologies.
2. Improvements in GigE vision protocol will make it possible to migrate to 10G and higher speed transports.
3. Cameras will begin to support fiber interfaces directly.